Saturday, October 23, 2010

NOTHING WRONG.

So I went to the orthopedist and they gave me x-rays and the doctor looks at me and says...

"There's nothing wrong with you. It seems you suffer from anxiety. I'm going to prescribe you some Xanax."

And I just started laughing. I said nothing, I just opened my mouth and out came one of those dry laughs. Now if you know me or if you read this blog, you'll understand why this is funny. In that I've suffered from anxiety for most of my young adult life, on all sorts of levels. And for a doctor to nonchalantly prescribe anti-anxiety meds as if it will make all my problems go away is kind of darkly hilarious.

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with my spine or muscles. No tumors or anything. But x-rays don't pick up soft tissue so we are still trying to ease that disc back in. It's such a pain. It's taking it's sweet time. I think it's getting better...I can't be sure.

1 comment: