Saturday, September 4, 2010

Snap out of it!



I may not be a New York Italian, but I've always believed that big boisterous Southern families are not that much different than Italian ones.

I watched Moonstruck tonight, which is one of my favorite romantic movies of all time. It's like a photograph come to life of an Italian family in Brooklyn and the potential for romance. Cher falls in love with Nicholas Cage (before he became a caricature of himself). My favorite part is when she gets a fantastic 80s hair makeover and they go to the opera. The soundtrack consists of lots of little redone bits from La Boheme. When all the characters look at the moon ("It's like a big snowball."), Musetta's Waltz plays in the background. It's such a great little movie about real people falling in love and what that means in the context of family.

Tomorrow, we're getting engagement pictures done. I'm tempted to pull out the "Cher-do" (Lord knows I have the hair to do it.) but I wouldn't subject Braden to that.

1 comment: