Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hot for teacher


Apparently, I have a tendency to kiss straight on and completely smush Braden's nose. Ex-boyfriends can attest: I have always been a rather aggressive smoocher. I would make the worst soap star ever. In my defense, my neck injury makes turning my head rather uncomfortable.

I did not subject anyone to Cher hair, but Braden and both discovered that is insanely difficult to find photogenic ways to pose ourselves. A lot of the photos we were standing there like bad prom set-ups. How do you stand up and look "romantic" in posed photos? It either looks way too slack or awkward, as in "how do we position these limbs of ours???" Do people just walk through the woods, holding hands and smiling? I THINK NOT.

I am looking forward to the day that I become Virginia Leonard and no longer Ginny Buckner. Shed your name, shed your unwanted idenity? Getting married is the ultimate benefit for those looking for a change in their persona. It's kind of like going to college. It's a clean slate.

I started teaching yesterday. I have about 12 kids in each class for each age group 7-9s, 10-12s, and teens. I have a much better rapport with teens than the little ones. And don't get me started on the 7-9 year olds. For my first day, I just felt like I was doing crowd control. A lot of my beginning exercises involve sort of free exploring and that just did not cut it with the wee ones. I think more disipline is neccessary. I think I'm gonna have to do a lot more research on what works and what doesn't.

I don't know if I'm a natural at this, but I hope I can help the kids grow and achieve whatever they want to achieve. Most of my teen class want to be MT majors, so I want to help them get there!

Tonight I have an audition for "The Magic Flute". As a soprano, it's kind of a crap shoot. From what I understand here is the ratio of talent: 10 sopranos for every mezzo, tenor and baritone. I also overslept this morning and look a little less than glam as of now. Oh well...positive thinking!


No comments:

Post a Comment